Excel Leadership Program
The Excel Leadership Program (ELP) is an extraordinary opportunity for Kennesaw State University faculty and staff to develop leadership skills and build relationships with other Kennesaw State University colleagues. The program is a rewarding experience that will give each participant a sense of their value as a leader at Kennesaw State University.
Working in a cohort of 20 - 24 faculty and staff, participants gain knowledge of their leadership style and develop skills critical for effective leadership. Excel boasts over 350 accomplished alumni who serve as leaders at Kennesaw State and other universities.
Participants will gain knowledge of KSU's organizational structure, strategic goals, and mission as well as be exposed to leadership roles and operations at the University System Office and State Capitol.
Program highlights include:
- Exploring leadership styles
- Learning essential skills of effective and ethical leaders
- Driving positive change with creative problem-solving
- Experiencing hands on leadership through a team service learning project
- Networking with university, system-wide, and state government leaders to gain perspective on the policies and governance that affect our university
The cost of the program is sponsored by the Center for University Learning and the Office of the President. Participants are asked to commit to attending the full schedule of events during the week of the program.
Orientation: Monday, May 6, 2:30p - 4:00p
Program: May 20 - May 24, M-Th 8:00a - 5:00p, F 8:00a - 3:00p
All full-time university employees who are in good standing, and who have been employed
a minimum of six months at the time of application, are eligible to apply for this
Applications for the 2019 ELP are now CLOSED!