Management Development Program
This program includes a series of required and elective classes that provide knowledge and tools to improve management skills and enhance the development of leadership capacity of Kennesaw State University managers. This series will also address specific leadership and policy subjects of interest to KSU faculty and staff. These courses are appropriate for experienced leaders, managers, supervisors, and high potential team members who are preparing to take on management responsibilities.
Download the MDP flyer for details on how to enroll and complete your certificate:
The goal of the Management Development Certificate Program is to maximize leadership performance, job competencies and resourcefulness that will enable managers and team leaders to be successful in their leadership role. Skill areas include:
- Exhibit a balance of management and leadership skills to enhance individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate and execute their unit’s and KSU’s mission and strategies.
- Build an engaged and committed workforce.
- Manage change successfully.
- Coach for success and help build KSU’s growth through its people.
- Foster a culture of accountability.
- Develop decision-making and problem-solving skill sets that are appropriate and timely.
- Understand and implement KSU policies and procedures.
- Build awareness and prevention of discrimination in the workplace: EEO procedures and best practices.
- Develop diversity awareness and build on multicultural and inclusive competencies.
To Get Started
Get started in the Management Development Program by taking one of these prerequisite
courses -- you must take and complete either the Setting Performance Expectations course or the Communicating for Leadership Success online course as your initial course in the program. Please use the following to
Setting Performance Expectations
KSU Employees Register Here: http://tinyurl.com/kennesaw-spe
PDC Partners Register Here: http://tinyurl.com/kennesaw-pdc