Management Development Certificate
This program includes a series of required and elective classes that provide knowledge and tools to improve management skills and enhance the development of leadership capacity of Kennesaw State University managers.
These courses are appropriate for experienced leaders, managers, supervisors, and high potential team members who are preparing to take on management responsibilities.
Core courses include curricula from Development Dimensions International (DDI)® , an international human resources and leadership development consultancy, recognized as one of the top leadership training companies in the world.
Skill areas include:
- Exhibit a balance of management and leadership skills to enhance individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate and execute KSU and departmental mission and strategies.
- Build an engaged and committed workforce.
- Manage projects, change, and conflict successfully.
- Coach for success and help build KSU’s growth through its people.
- Foster a culture of accountability.
- Develop decision-making and problem-solving skill sets that are appropriate and timely.
- Build awareness and skills for managing a diverse workforce and creating a productive, safe workplace.
To Complete the Management Development Certificate
1) Complete either of the prerequisite courses:
2) Complete the remaining two Fundamental Courses:
- Communicating For Leadership Success DDI®
- Setting Goals and Reviewing Results DDI®
- Coaching for Peak Performance DDI®
3) Complete any three additional Elective Courses for a total of six courses:
- Delegating with Purpose DDI®
- Design Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Introduction to Process Improvement
- Introduction to Project Management
- Leading During Change
- Leading High Performance Teams DDI®
- Managing Conflict Productively - Professionally and Personally
- Resolving Workplace Conflict (In Teams) DDI®
- The Power of Positive Influence
Once you have completed all requirements for the certificate, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org including the date of completion, and how you want your name spelled on your certificate. CUL staff will verify your completion and issue your certificate.
To Complete the Advanced Mangement Development Certificate
1) After completing the Management Development Certificate complete three additional elective courses for a total of nine courses.
2) Complete a Project Leadership Practicum.
- Guided by a coach from the Center for University Learning: Participants will select, train, and lead a team to accomplish an improvement project (approved by your department) that benefits our university and our community.
- The practicum includes professional coaching sessions, team coaching sessions, and project management guidance from CUL staff.
Upon delivering a final project report or results to your department and coach the CUL will issue your certificate.